Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dance Like No One is Watching


Today was a GREAT day! It was filled with fun!

I got to school around 1:30 and I met with my friend, Mary and her guy friend. I could hear latin music playing in the cafeteria area and I asked her what it was about and she said that it was cultural day at school and that if you salsa danced then you got free hispanic food! MMM!

So, she said she danced and they gave her free food.

I thought about it, and then I thought I had made my mind up that I didn't wanna do it. Even though I LOVE that kind of dancing.

So, instead, we decided to go watch the people dancing.

They were actually good. Most of them were latin people.

We sat down and watched for about 15 minutes, when I saw someone I knew from a class I took last semester.

He was friends with all the people that were dancing and we talked for a couple minutes then he went back to his friends.

About 5-10 minutes after we talked, three of his friends came over to me, my friend Mary, and her guy friend.

They asked, "wanna dance?"

I thought, "oh gosh..there is NO way I'm going to embarrass myself in front of like 50 people."

BUT..

In the back of my head, I actually really wanted to.

The thing is, I've always wanted to take dance lessons.

Well, I used to take dance lessons..for about 2 weeks.

Then, I had to quit because mom couldn't afford it anymore.

Sad, I know.

SO..I was *thinking* that I actually wanted to get up and salsa dance..but..I said no because I didn't wanna embarrass myself in front of all of these people and make a complete fool out of myself.

BUT, then Mary had to come and say.."I'll do it if you do it"..

That made it easier because at least we could both make fools out of ourselves together..

SO, I gave in. I said, "ooookayyy" and went for it.

The guy I knew from class took my hand and we salsa danced.

And it.was.fun.

All of a sudden I didn't care about all of the people watching and probably snickering behind my back, and I actually had fun.

I danced with two guys and they were both sweethearts. They were great teachers and I just laughed at myself. 

Now, don't take this the wrong way.. It's not like I'm cheating on my boyfriend or anything...It was innocent dancing.. Don't want you guys thinking I'm this horrible person..

HAHA!

So, I danced to three or four songs, and so did Mary.

And.I.sweated.

A ton.

What a great workout!

SO, Mary and I got to thinking..

We REALLY wanna take dance lessons now.

And I REALLY want to.. Like, really really!

It's a great workout, and it's fun!!

So, the latin guys that were there dancing said they were trying to get together at least 10 people to start a latin club at school. Me and Mary signed up and if they get 8 more people, then it's all good!

They will let us know..

What a great day..

The moral of the story is..

Don't worry 'bout what others are thinking about you..

Do what makes you happy and do what's fun! :)

I had a ton of fun today!

I'm seriously considering dance lessons.

Like, no joke.

Have any of you taken dance lessons?

I want to take salsa, ballroom, rumba, tango..ALL of them!